School Bus Professional Driver Improvement Course
The purpose of this course is to:
- Prepares candidates with the necessary qualifications to obtain and maintain Class B&E School Bus Licence
- Refresher for current bus drivers
- Elevate drivers’ awareness of the driving-related tasks through facilitated discussions
- Assist companies in developing long term driver improvement strategies
The facilitator will deliver the provincially mandated course to potential class B & E school bus drivers. This program can also be given to current B & E Class drivers as a Defensive Driver refresher course. It is a one day 6 1/2 hour course to be held at client provided facilities. It requires a minimum of 6 participants and a maximum of 20.
The course will cover the following:
- Focus on school bus situations
- Principals and foundations of professional driving
- Skills, knowledge and attitudes for driving
- Visual habits for driving
- Space cushion driving
- Collision avoidance strategies
- Sharing the road with other users
- Child safety
- Passenger management
- Emergency procedures
Upon completion, the participants will receive a certificate from OSL and Ministry of Transportation approval to obtain licence. For participants taking course as a refresher, only the OSL certificate will be given. Company management will receive required documentation for employee file.
Contact us today for more information or to register.